Sunday, May 15, 2011

We'll be the colors

New Orleans is a circus. A bright, shiny, intoxicating, neon adult wonderland. I don't know how much I can take of it all, but for now I am entirely too amused, and want to experience all I can before it is gone. For  most of the drive the apparent flooding was non-existent, and in the city itself you would never know. Hopefully I'll get to post pictures I took for myself, but this is what the Mississippi looks like about ten miles from New Orleans. On a less somber note, the food here is delicious. Fois gras will probably always be a guilty pleasure of mine. There is definitely a Mint Julep in my future, as well as more gluttony. I think that and sloth will be the only deadly sins I'll indulge in tomorrow, though. After all, there are still 600 miles left to tackle before I get to Orlando. Considering I've already gone about 2,000 miles and crossed two time zones in three days, this seems like cake. Mmm, cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment