Monday, May 16, 2011

Treacherous Streets

I can officially say I've indulged in NOLA. Having said that, I can also happily say I am heading out for Gainesville tomorrow. The quiet sanctitude of a hotel room in a town I doubt has much going on sounds like a welcome break from the chaos. Also, I should probably consider a retreat from the sun; today's gallivanting left me looking not unlike a boiled crawfish. Not that you all needed to hear that, but hey, don't forget your sunblock, kids. Farmer's tans (or burns) are serious business. The Mississippi is pretty high here, and only expected to get higher. Sandbags are already partially submerged, which is yet another reason I'm glad to be moving on. Food here really is an experience. (but to be honest, I like the beignets I've had at home better then the ones at Cafe du Monde) Real Mint Juleps are overrated. Bourbon street is a total side show, that I've described through limerick (sort of):

There once was a girl on Bourbon Street
Who clearly drank herself to two sheets
She stepped off the curb
Whilst saying something absurd
And landed face planted in the street

That's all for today.

1 comment:

  1. Drinking on Bourbon Street would be much more exciting if you were face planting with me rather than your dad. Just saying.

    Mari

    PS: I'm going to be expecting pictures soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete