Thursday, May 26, 2011

Building Nothing, Laying Bricks

Day three of working at the Crystal Prison..I mean Palace. Okay, so it's not what I expected. Day 1 I made mickey waffles all day. Not the batter, mind you, just funneling the batter into the iron, then flipping it. Ding, waffles done. Day 2, they didn't actually know who my trainer was, how to fill out my paperwork, or really what to do with me at all. So, after one hour of mindlessly running around, they sent me on an hour break. The only break I get in my eight hour shift. Did I mention most of us have already gotten overtime pay? Later, I did get to help with some of the line items, but I would equate the level of cooking to, say, cafeteria food. (Also, I'm never eating at a buffet again. You don't want me to explain.) Needless to say, I'm giving it a week and then I may try to transfer locations. Another culinary student works there, she says it really doesn't get any better. Even the person who ended up training me said that they lose a lot of college program students to location transfers. Not a good sign in my opinion. Yesterday was better than the first day, though, so I'll ride the week out. All is well in our house, though. Especially now that all our appliances are working. We noticed out bathroom outlets didn't work at first, and then our dishwasher broke. Maintenance fixed the dishwasher, and I fixed the outlets. (yay!) Our friend Kenny isn't so fortunate. His room mate seems to be broken, and maintenance said they couldn't fix that without a work order.

~ Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment